Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ladies - in progress...

I was visiting Sandy Coleman's Blog, Creations By Coleman, her paintings are often of women.  Women who have such passion, emotion, empowerment...they moved me.   Sandy's paintings are the inspiration for the ladies I've been working on for the past week.  Please, go by her blog and see her beautiful creations.  Be inspired, or just enjoy the view.

These are works in progress, but I thought I'd share them with you now..

There will be 3 versions of each.  A first version, completely in ink.  A second version, ink with hand coloring, and a third version, colored with Photoshop.

Here's my Nature Lady, in her ink version, that still needs to be cleaned up, and perhaps some added to it.
Nature Lady - Ink

Here's the Nature Lady in her Photoshop colored version.
(I haven't started the hand colored version yet.)
Nature - Colored in Photoshop
After looking at the Photoshop version here, I can see a couple of changes I'd like to make.
So look for an updated version soon.  

The next lady is Freedom.  When I started her I was thinking about how I often feel imprisoned (in my own home, by my own body...).  It's a nice prison.  But even the nicest prison is still a prison.    

Freedom - Ink


As always, I appreciate any feedback.  
And thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. Love your nature lady. What's her full name? She looks like she's flying and not of this earth.
    All of them are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy,

    I haven't decided full names yet...part of the "in progress" part I guess.
    often giving a piece of work a name is the hardest part for me.
    She is just to be one with nature...I'll think of a name.

    I'm glad you like them.
    wendy

    (I did an interesting exercise on my other blog
    http://picnicwithants.wordpress.com
    dealing with emotions. You might be interested. just needed to get some
    thing out.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ladies!
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mo! I'm glad you are enjoying my new blog.

    w

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ladies!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Maureen,
    I'm a little stuck on them now. I feel like my original vision is fading...and I just don't know what to do next.

    That seems to often happen when I start drawing or painting something for a purpose. (I may be getting a show in the next few months, and now I'm thinking about what people would be looking at...wanting...that's the quickest way to stall my creativity.

    thanks again
    wendy

    ReplyDelete

OH, how exciting! You're leaving a comment!
I love comments, it's like that special little card you get in the mail you didn't expect!
Thank you!!!