Friday, August 26, 2011

Many Days to Catch Up On Aug 21 - 25, 2011

The day before having my procedure I decided to attempt a contour drawing.
In a contour drawing one only draws the outline of the object, very slowly, trying to feel the object.  A blind contour drawing is one step up from this.  You draw the object very slowly, while never looking at your page.  You never take your eyes away from the object.
In this exercise I started working on a blind contour, but will admit I had a hard time keeping my eye off the page.  When I finished, it just didn't look finished.  I should have taken a photo at this point, but I decided to alter the drawing a bit.  I added the inner lines, and some color.
This little stuffed animal, makes me smile.  I just couldn't leave him all naked with no expression.  He has such life, I had to share it with all of you.
Monkey, Monkey, Monkey!


The night after I came home from the hospital I decided to draw what was on my nightstand.  I was still a bit loopy, so please understand this is not in proportion.  I'm still re-learning to draw what I see, instead of what my brain is interpreting.
After Surgery Aug 22, 2011


I created 3 paintings on ArtRage this week, but I can't figure out how to post them.  How did I post the water color of Sandy?  Perhaps my husband can figure it out when he gets home.  If not, I'll try and take a photo of the computer screen...can't imagine that will work very well....but I can try.

Today, I am working on Mandala's. (Just coloring in Mandala's that someone else has created.  But, it is relieving stress, and it's fun!) I've been drawing out one of my one, and it has been giving me much joy, however, it is taking a bit of time to complete.  (I just keep changing my mind.)  Here's the partially completed version:

You can see, it has a long way to go!


Until I can figure out how to post those paintings I created on ArtRage, I guess, that's all for today.  Hopefully, I will be able to get those 3 paintings posted.  If not, I don't think I'll be using this program again.  Not even the demo version.  Humph.  


I hope you enjoyed these creations.
Please share with me what you are doing!
Remember!  Create Art!  Have Fun! Feel Better!
I realized the other night when I was drawing the mandala, that I felt better.  I had been in a lot of pain all day.  Horrific headaches, my back was very sore from the procedure....but when I was drawing that simple little circle...I felt better.


If you are curious about the procedure I had on Monday, I posted a play by play with photos on my other blog.  Picnic with Ants here's the link to that specific post: http://picnicwithants.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/cerebrospinal-fluid-patches-with-tisseel-a-photo-journey/

If you have any questions, please ask.
If you'd like more details about the art projects I'm doing, please let me know.  I'm not sure how much is too much, or too little to be interesting.


Is there anything you'd like to see here?


When I'm feeling a bit better, I will be doing some collages, masks, out door sketches, figure drawing (in a number of ways)...but mostly I plan to concentrate on putting down my feelings in my art, each and every day.  The number one thing I want to accomplish is a drawing journal.
But I want to help you get through your stuck times too.  We're in this together!

wendy 

2 comments:

  1. Love the artwork; glad being creative is helping with you deal with your health issues better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phylor. I've just been coloring the past couple of days, and I'm amazed at how lost I can get in it and tune the pain out.

    How do you deal with your issues?

    ReplyDelete

OH, how exciting! You're leaving a comment!
I love comments, it's like that special little card you get in the mail you didn't expect!
Thank you!!!